BBC currently offers support groups in the Portland Metro area of Oregon, but we are happy to help you find a group in your area no matter where you live.
- All of our groups are free of charge.
- Information shared in groups is confidential.
- We provide judgment free safe spaces to share experiences.
- We are LGBTQAI+ friendly.
Please call 1-800-557-8375 (toll-free) for more information.
Our MamaCare groups are designed to help and support pregnant women and postpartum women as we learn to handle stress related to becoming parents as well focusing on depression, anxiety and birth trauma. All of our trained facilitators utilize the same techniques.
You may bring your infant with you to group sessions, and breastfeeding is welcomed. Some groups have the space to allow older children to attend too.
SE Portland Night-time Group
(babes in arms only please)
- Meeting Time: every Thursday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Meeting Place: Zenana Spa and Wellness Center (2024 SE Clinton St., Portland OR 97202)
The night-time SE group meets in a tranquil and calming spa environment. Our room has comfortable seating and we offer hot tea and water. We regularly have pregnant, postpartum and nursing/bottle-feeding women attending group. Babies in arms are always welcome, but since it is an evening group it is also a great opportunity to come without baby and focus on your own self-care! We often discus birth stories, nursing issues, relationship challenges such as ‘how to reconnect with your partner after baby’s arrival’ and many of the other joys and challenges of motherhood. If you are looking for support, we would love to meet you!
E Portland Day-time Group
(older children invited)
- Meeting time: every Friday 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Meeting place: Studio PDX (2937 E Burnside., Portland, OR 97214)
This down-to-earth, welcoming group consists of pregnant and new moms who support one another through our journey into motherhood. We talk openly about a wide array of topics with kind, caring facilitators who truly understand how tough it can be. Shoe free space.
Multnomah Village Day-time Group
(older children welcome)
- Meeting time: every Wednesday 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Meeting place: Muna House (7435 SW Capitol HWY, Portland, OR 97219)
This group is for new moms who are experiencing postpartum depression and anxiety and are looking for a caring and non-judgmental environment in which to express themselves freely.
Online Group- Day-time
- Meeting time: every Sunday 12:00 pm- 1 pm
- To join: https://zoom.us/j/282499455
This group is online and uses Zoom. Please create a Zoom account prior to logging on. Because it is online and only lasts an hour, we may limit the number of moms who can access the meeting to ensure that everyone has time to share. This group is perfect for moms who cannot attend any of our in person groups, for whatever reason.
Downtown Portland Night-time Group- temporarily closed!
(babes in arms + limited childcare available)
- Meeting time: every Tuesday 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Meeting place: Ronald McDonald House West (2115 SW River Pkwy, Portland, OR 9720)
Join current NICU families and families of NICU graduates as we discuss what it’s like to be the parents of medically-fragile children, while living with depression, anxiety, and birth-related PTSD. There is a NICU focus to this group, but one need not be a NICU family to attend. The group is facilitated by a parent of a NICU graduate and a former NICU social worker. Please join us– we’d love to hear your story.
For additional information about group including childcare, location, parking and OHSU tram instructions click here.
Outer SE Portland Afternoon Group
(older children welcome)
- Meeting time: every Wednesday 12:30 pm – 2 pm
- Meeting place: Zoiglhaus Brewing Company (5716 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266)
Come to group to share your thoughts, fears, wins and other aspects of being a parent. The good, the bad. We talk about it all! We accept you in whatever stage you’re in, without judgement. There is a free parking lot next to the venue. Small play area near meeting space.
Dad’s need support too. Our groups for dads are designed to focus on the male perspective of pregnancy and parenting as well as paternal postpartum depression, anxiety, and stress. You may bring your infant with you to group sessions.
Dad Drop-in Group
(babes in arms only please)
- Meeting Time: the first Sunday of the Month 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Meeting Place: Hopworks (2944 SE Powell Blvd)
Guys, are you realizing that parenthood isn’t quite what you expected? Need some tools to help get you through the rough spots? Wonder what’s up with this baby, and your partner? This is the group for you. Come meet other new and soon-to-be dads in a casual environment where you can grab coffee and ask questions — the real questions — and get answers.
Dad Drop-in Group, Evening
(no kids please)
- Meeting Time: the third Wednesday of the month 7:30-9 p.m.
- Meeting Place: Barley Mill Pub (1629 SE Hawthorne) *In the loft*
Guys, come meet up with some other dads. Casual group to talk about the challenges you might be facing in your new role. Food and drink available for purchase.
Dad Drop-in Group, – New Group!
- Meeting Time: the second Saturday of the month 12-1:30-9 p.m.
- Meeting Place: Muna House (7435 SW Capitol Hwy Portland, OR 97219)
Guys – are you realizing that parenthood isn’t quite what you expected? Are you stressed out, depressed or struggling to connect with your partner? Need some tools to help get you through the rough spots? This group is for you. Come and meet other dads in a casual environment where you can ask real questions and get the support you need.
Vancouver All Dads Group, – New Group!
- Meeting Time: the fourth Wednesday of the month 7-8:30-9 p.m.
- Meeting Place: Heathen Brewing Feral Public House (1109 Washington St. Vancouver, WA 98661)
If you are a New Dad, Dad with experience, teenage dad, foster dad, step-dad, dad of multiples, gay or trans dad, or any other type of father-figure and are willing to share your story and perhaps pick up some tips from others, please join us at Heathen Brewing and Feral House. Seahorses will provide some munchies and the first pitcher of soda-pop and beer!