We believe that the main reason you should want to volunteer with us is a desire to ‘give back’ to the community. Having had a personal experience with PPD/A, you know how it feels. You understand that some days feel like deep, bottomless pits of despair. Some days feel so overwhelmingly unmanageable that even talking about your feelings is just too much.
But, there are additional reasons to join us as a volunteer and here is what we can ‘give back’ to you.
What we offer
- An opportunity to gain valuable training and experience
- The ability to make a difference in someone’s life
- An opportunity for personal growth
- Peer and staff support, and experienced mentors to guide you along your way
- Monthly meetings to gain additional education, make connections with your fellow volunteers and get support
- Work with a diverse group of like-minded volunteers
- Fun and exciting fundraising events
- A community that values and appreciates what you do
And a testimonial from a former volunteer about what volunteering meant to her:
“When I first started volunteering, I was terrified that I had nothing to offer the women who were calling our line and was doubtful that I could help anyone break through the darkness that accompanies postpartum depression and anxiety. I have learned to trust the amazing power of listening and have had the opportunity to plant seeds of hope and strength in the women I talk to, which has proven to be a priceless experience.”
A new volunteer training is just weeks away. If you are interested in learning more, check in with us. We’re happy to talk with you about it!